8.01.2006

for kari

kari needs something to read, so here goes. i will say, i would love to read something new on kari's blog as well...

sometimes my life really does feel like a tv show. like when i get into a staged bar brawl and end up meeting a hot guy who actually calls me and actually takes me out on a real date. or when my housing situation turns into a total nightmare and i lose two third roomates named sara(h) and i finally find a place with my third third roomate but i lose my dream apartment in the process and end up spewing all my frustrations onto the poor workers at the apartment rental office in a very candid and almost rude way. or (and this is the best one) when i spend all my free time playing scrabble with my friend dan and then my friend sarah asks me if i want this giant scrabble rug with giant scrabble pieces that you can actually play on and i say "yes, yes, oh my goodness, i cant wait to show danny!"

my amazing friend sarah is letting me borrow this amazing book called the art of looking sideways. here are some lovelies i have found in it's pages...

i work with things left over from other things. (julian schnabel) this is so my new artist's statement.

an idea isn't responsible for the people who believe in it. (don marquis) hmmm...

question: where do you get your ideas?
answer: i don't. they get me!

the person you love is 72.8% water. i guess that means i love water.

the negative is the score but the print is the performance. (ansel adams) i love photography.

there are many more lovelies in the book but it is heavy and my first engagement of the day is calling. i guess that means i have to get out of bed, which is sad and tragic. i guess that also means i have to change out of my new pink pajama pants with little puppies dressed in cute little outfits all over them, which is also tragic. why can't i go out in public like this? soon i will have a puppy! i cant wait.

No comments: