3.08.2005

it's going to be a cheeseless summer

it's been too long since i made a list on this lovely blog, so i prepared one just for the occasion. i made two lists, the icky one first so that i end on a happy note.

activities that sometimes depress/annoy me

1. grocery shopping alone at winco (for some reason i've found bagging and carrying my own groceries to be the ultimate reminder of loneliness)
2. being called "old" by the tiny tots at work
3. working on mondays
4. having six of my favorite friends in, respectively: africa, arizona, boston, paris, seattle and sweden
5. discovering unwanted info about ex's
6. sitting next to yaking high schoolers at the library (hey! i'm doing that right now! yipee!)
7. being nitpicked by my boss about the already suffocating dress code at work (no hooded sweatshirts! no red shoes! you know, the nazis had pieces of flare that they made the jews wear!)
8. finding a great doctor (no, that's not the depressing part) who tells me i should never eat cheese or drink milk again. NONE. EVER. that's like asking me to sell my soul!

activities that almost always brighten my mood

1. making new friends
2. great conversations
3. dancing with my art supplies (my yard stick guitar is especially nice) to "pump up the jam" and other 80's hits on the clock at work (one of the perks of having my own office)
4. 6 words: billie jean is not my lover!
5. amazing, cheap finds at the thrift store (okay, any store) yesterday it was a $20 striped retro couch!
6. living next to a thrift store
7. getting sense talked into me by my mom
8. the feeling that summer is just around the bend (it's been 70 degrees the last two days and i am wearing cropped pants and new flip flops!)
9. listening to jars of clay and admiring dan hasteltine's songwriting

sometimes i get tired of walking through these ordinary days...i dont know how, i dont know why, but your love can make these things better... dan hasteltine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz...do you mind if I steal your blog writings and create a really great t.v. series? You're life is terrific! I enjoy how you see color and life in every situation.
I could definitely relate with many of your thoughts...especially the age thought...common 23 isn't THAT old...but yet people like to tell you that it is. Not to mention this odd place in life we are at....inbetween this life of fun chaos that we affectionately called "College" and coporate world...seriously, how are we supposed to easily transition from one world to the next and be expected to have a house, 2 cars, 2 kids and a spouse by the age of 25?!?!?! Too much I say...too much!
Meanwhile, I'll continue going to work and during the off time sit in a lawn chair sipping on lemonade and watch the trees change with seasons...hoping that my life will follow.

Take care friend
Lissa