4.02.2006

chipped red nail polish

i've had a rough couple of days.

first, i went out dancing on thursday night. that was great, and the only reason i mention it here is because when i dance like that, i exhaust myself.

so friday, i was exhausted. i was riding the bus when my friend called, and he wanted to talk about something kind of difficult. since i have manners (unlike some of the other people i ride the bus with) i did not have the conversation on the bus. instead i had to postpone it until the next night, which annoyed me to say the least.

work on friday night was crazy. one of our girls was really acting up, and i knew it was only going to continue to escalate on saturday, and i had to be back at work at 8:30 that morning. unfortunately i was right and i had to call the police due to her behavior. it was a little scary.

so saturday night, i was too exhausted to go out. so i napped and waited for the awkward phone call. it came around midnight. afterwards, i had a hard time going to sleep.

while walking to church this morning, i was congratulating myself on only being 15 minutes late. then i looked at my cell phone. as if by some evil black magic, the time had changed, and suddenly i was an hour and 15 minutes late. then it hit me like a ton of bricks (i love cliche metaphors). i had forgotten about stupid daylight savings time, just like i'd predicted i would.

so i missed the entire service. i loitered around the lobby looking for friends, located some, and spent a nice, quirky afternoon with them. we had a dollar store gift exchange. i got a loofah.

then it was back to work, where i recieved the rudest email i have ever read in my entire life. that was unpleasant, to say the least. then, to top it all off, i was sitting on the office floor and the nastiest bug i've seen in awhile (it was kind of see-through and had about a hundred legs) went scurrying by me. i attempted to smash it with my shoe while screaming, then didn't see it on the bottom of my shoe, then saw it on the side of my shoe and kicked my shoe off across the room, which landed on my bag, making me think the bug body was now in my bag. i conducted a thorough search and i never found the body. excellent.

a little fyi for all the male life of liz blog readers: women do not want to know the name of the other woman. the one you left us for, the one you dated before us, the one you like more than us. we would prefer her to remain a nameless, faceless entity. and she doesn't want to know our name, either.

those are ridiculously surprising shoes. my friend john, when he looked down and noticed my gold ballet flats in church today

1 comment:

Matt Cummings said...

Sweet post... sounds like an interesting day. Kinda fun, sleep deprivation isn't so warm-and-fuzzy, but the kind of day where, when you read this post (for the first time) in about 20 years, you'll say to yourself, "Man, I was cool once"... Before I got married and had kids I wore gold ballet slippers to chuch and suprized myself and all my friends when I stayed home on a Saturday night. I can't remember the last time I didn't stay home on a Saturday night. Not that I desire Saturnight outgoings, but the cool quotient of having the idea of writing about it is an indication of its rarity.

And, I'll bet the comment on the ridiculousness of your princess shoes at church, was the best compliment you could ever receive at church. Who is this guy? Unless he's the pastor, I'd bet he's got his eye on a lot more than ballet slippers.

My medicine's long worn off, but I don't remember reading anything about nail polish.