12.27.2004

idiots!

the world is full of them! napoleon dynamite knows it, and i know it, too! there seems to be a large concentration of them at roth's...which is quite unfortunate. my days at work are measured in many ways: time (duh), water, breaks, and cd's. i am trying to drink my eight glasses of water a day, so that means two 32 ounce water bottles a day. i try to finish one before my lunch and one after. i take my breaks at 11 am (15 min), 1 pm (1 hour) and 4 pm (15 min). i take them late so that when i get back not much time is left until the next one or the end of the day. i figure most cd's are 30 -40 minutes long, so each time i pop in a new one, i'm guaranteed a good chunk of time passing somewhat quickly and pleasantly. so a work day lasts 2 bottles, 3 breaks, and 12-16 cds.

wasn't that fascinating? by the way, i may have been just a tad over optimistic about the whole christmas thing. it was kind of a hard day. i'll leave it at that. and you should be grateful, because i hardly ever leave anything at that. i'm not sure what to write now that i'm at a computer, besides the usual complaints...i cant stand working by myself, not happy with my life, yadda yadda yadda! but this week begins my new and improved schedule, so we'll see if that helps. i'm not holding my breath. i kind of shot myself in the foot for this week by working on sunday to make up for saturday, therefore creating two mondays: sunday, the day i kept thinking was monday, and today, actually monday. one monday is hard enough to swallow, let alone two. what was i thinking? i forgot the wise words i live by..."hard work pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."

i'm not the biggest fan of new year's resolutions (or new year's eve for that matter) because they tend to bring back my legalistic overachiever tendancies of yesteryear, but i always have a mental "what to do to improve my life and self" list in my head, so i thought i'd write a few of those down in the spirit of the holiday.

1. perform music! sing and play drums in a band
2. find an artsy church community to be a part of
3. volunteer in mcminnville

i really am trying not to lose my mind, but it is hard at times. i am hoping the above three things will help.


No comments: