6.08.2005

reunited (and it feels so good)

i don’t know what is going on, but in the last week i have seen a ton of people whom i havent seen in forever! first, my friend kari came back from paris last week, which i am very thankful for, since she lives here in mcminnville. it’s slim pickins for friends here, so thank goodness she’s back. then, i got to see kemi this last weekend (whom i still refer to as my roomate, even though college is over) and that was so nice. i love it when you see someone after a long time and the connection is still there. i haven’t seen her in six months, and we can see each other one day and spend the whole day in hysterical laughter. then, yesterday the craziest thing happened. my friend jen, who was my RA and close friend my freshman year at fox, emailed me and said she was going to be in the ‘berg! she’s staying in the dorms at fox for a conference, so i met her over there last night, and the experience was so surreal. not only was i seeing jen for the first time in three years, but i was seeing her in the fox dorms. we went to the coffee cottage, where i also spent a significant amount of time in college, to spend a couple of hours catching up. going to the coffee cottage always makes me nostalgic, because i can look at several of the tables and remember conversations that took place at each. it’s amazing how much can happen in such a tiny coffee shop. me and jen are in simular places in our lives, both knowing it’s time for something new but not yet sure what it is. so with all of that surrealness behind me, i was driving down 3rd street and i saw yet another familiar face that i haven’t seen since my freshman year…rob simpson and his family. he was the area coordinator in my dorm that year, and i was friends with his five year old son, alek. me and alek spent hours wrestling and playing in pennington lobby, and now he’s huge! seeing them was unreal. i decided to finish off the trip back to freshman year by calling tim, one of the only people i’ve managed to keep in touch with since then.

today i had a great talk with charlie, one of the pastors at my church. lately i have realized that i need to get out of mcminnville and into a more exciting place, a large metropolis of some sort. i love mcminnville, but i finally realized that it is a great place to settle down and raise a family, not to start your post-college life. i have a very sure feeling that God wants me to do something different, but he hasn’t shown me what is yet. it’s so hard to pursue a new path when you’re not sure where to go. i’m just trying to pursue different options, hoping he will direct me along the way. talking with charlie was great, because he reaffirmed everything i’m feeling, and told me i didn’t belong here. the question is, where do i belong?

No comments: