6.29.2005

talk show material

i HAD to post this. i just saw a lady at my work, with a mullet, wearing a t-shirt that said "talk show material" on the front. does that sum up my last blog entry or what? i wish i had a photo to post (although that might be kind of mean) because seeing her in a place where no one has read my blog was like having an inside joke between me, myself, and i and no one to share it with.

ok, now for the most exciting news EVER! the day after tomorrow, which would be friday, i am getting on a plane and taking off for BOSTON! while my cover story here at work is that i'm going "to see friends" which isn't a lie, the main reason i'm going, the reason i can justify taking a week and half off to fly across the country, is because...well, i'm scared to say this, because brian got me all paranoid about somebody from my work reading my blog and me getting fired, so i'll just have to give you clues. what have i been looking for lately? what happens before you actually get one of those? you sit down in a nice outfit and have a professional conversation with the person who wants to give you a lovely new opportunity. comprende?

so, i am very, very excited. i am going to try and line up some other dressy professional 'conversations' while i am out there, and i'm also going to spend four days exploring downtown new york! my only worry is that my cutting edge mcminnville fashion won't cut it in sarah jessica's hometown, but i'll have fun trying. i'm staying with my friend tim in beacon hill in boston, and then taking this cheap bus, the chinatown bus, up to ny and back for four days. i hope to write of all my adventures often, so be checkin' in!

i am frustrated that i have to sensor myself over the internet, because i have some damn funny blogs in my head that will never be published here. it really is a shame. honesty is a dangerous thing, unfortunately. i push the envelope as far as i can for the life of liz, but i suppose those hilariously inappropriate blogs will just have to remain coversations with a few priveleged friends. hopefully that doesn't make the rest of you too curious...i'm sure the reality would disappoint you, anyway.

you eat pieces of shit for breakfast? happy gilmore

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz, I'm totally hurt. You told me you were just going to hang out with friends...I thought you would have the courage to at least tell me where you were going.
You must really think I'm weak (which by the way is the opposite of a hard ass) if you can't even tell me. I guess saying something like "I'm totally hurt" is pretty weak though. Well, I'd like to talk with you about leaving because you play such an important part in the whole culture of this company and it will hurt us (especially me) to see you go. But if we have to lose you, Boston or New York is the way to go.

-W