11.23.2004

rite of passage

today the most exciting thing ever happened! i was approved for my very own, first, completety adorable apartment! i'm moving in on december 1st and i'm so excited. it's in mcminnville, super close to my work and 3rd street, which is one of my favorite places in oregon, and it's in a completely remodeled old building that is so awesome. it looks like it was just dropped in the middle of this tiny ghetto pocket in mcminnville, right next to the st. vincent de paul thrift store. i think it must of been pretty crappy itself, but now it is beautiful and the apartment on the top left is all MINE! i'm so happy because i really do love downtown mcminnville, it's like a little piece of portland that's easier to chew, and i can walk along the rainy sidewalks in my beautiful new pink butterfly covered plastic rainhat and just have my own life. i figure my first solo apartment not on a college campus must be a pretty important step in a girl's life...and it's been my goal for a long time now, so God is good and faithful and one of my crazy ideas for my current life has actually become reality. i apoligize for all the run-ons, i'm only really have paying attention to writing, a fourth to geneva, and a fourth to the t.v. yes, i am that smart.

No comments: