8.05.2004

the blog bandwagon

yep, i've jumped on it. the blog bandwagon that is. it's hard to say how often i will blog, since i already have my journal, but the goal is often. i have lots of thoughts, and lots of words to say, and would like to share them with my friends, family, enemies, the general public, etc. today was a good day...so far. my new man matt took me out on his motorcycle for a surprise. that's right...i've got a new man, AND he has a motorcycle. now i am like this total biker babe. it's pretty sweet. i never planned on being a biker babe, but it makes me feel bad ass, and anything that makes me feel bad ass is ok with me.

i'm just chillin at the cummings', watching matea and shamelessly using thier fast internet. ok, so i'm not really watching matea at the moment, she's sleeping, but you get the picture. matea is the cutest 18 month old that i know. geneva is the cutest 20 month old, and i just might have met the cutest 8 month old the other day, a little girl named claire. yeah, i freaking love kids. especially babies. they make my life happy. i dont think i've ever really accepted the whole 'growing up' thing, and perhaps that is why i love kids so much. i want the privileges of an adult with the freedom of childhood...ahh, yes, the perfect life.

after about 3 months of sheer post-college boredom and self-doubt, God (or the big G as i sometimes like to call him) decided it was finally time to drop some good stuff on me. in one day (the best day i'd had in 3 months) he sent me matt, a possible internship, and a load of new friends. it was like, BAM! look what three months of late nights with conan has earned you! a life! finally. i was really starting to doubt it's arrival. frankly, i owe it all to my good friend shanna and a wonderful organization called the ipnc (international pinot noir festival). she hooked me up with a job with them and wa-la! boyfriend, money, friends, internship...and best of all, finally feeling content again with the big G. remembering how much he loves me. i've always said that i love him, but i've doubted rather i really mean it or not. well, he gave me a revelation....i love him for loving me. and since i know he loves me, i know i love him. because that's why i love him. follow me?

so yesterday (approx 2 weeks after ipnc) God decided it was time for some more good news. i don't often pray specific prayers, but i did recently and God said yes. in the search for something meaningful to start my career off with, there was one thing that i really wanted...an internship with sabrina ward harrison, my most favorite artist ever. she is a huge influence/inspriration on my art, and i decided to shoot her an email begging for an internship. yesterday i talked to her office assistant on the phone, and.... she offered me an internship! i freaking couldnt believe it. i mean, i still dont, to be honest. finally...the opportunity i've been waiting for has landed in my lap. just like my great friends said it would.

in order to do the internship, which is unpaid (dont even get me started on how stupid i think money is), i have to get some kind of other job to make said evil money. so today i started a full throttle maniac job search (it's amazing what a little motivation can do for you...i got up approx 4 hours earlier than usual) in the hopes of making as much money as possible as quickly as possible so that maybe i can go to san francisco in september. i can do the internship from home, but going to the source is of course what i really want.

so, things are going so well i cant even believe it. yet i should. ask, and it shall be given to you. seek, and you will find. knock, and the door will be opened unto you ... for who of you, though you are human, would give your son a stone if he asked for a fish? or a rock if he asked for a snake? if you then, though you are human, know how to give good gifts, how much more does your father who loves you? for every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. -- the liz hughes' memory translation of the bible

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz ~
Rad. welcome to the world of the blog. What does blog stand for anyway? See you around OSU sometime :)
Timothy_p

Emergingjourney said...

Yea for blogs! Good post, I also have been struck by the shear power, or freakiness of how sometimes you ask for something and bam, you get it. I am thrilled for you and the SF internship, now for the necessary evil $$. Have faith, all things in his time right?
M@

PS Biker chicks ROCK!!, almost as much as drummer chicks, and if you ever find a drummer/biker chick, watch out world…. 200% bad-ass