8.07.2004

wild at heart, caged at home

so i am reading this book called wild at heart by john eldridge. i'm diggin it so far, and here's one reason why. one cool point he makes is that both men and women were created in the image of God, therefore both men and women reveal something essential about the heart of God. i think that's pretty darn rad. he sums up men as revealing God's strength, and women as revealing God's beauty. Both strength and beauty are fundamental parts of who God is, and that is why we are so captivated by what we see in ourselves and in each other. pretty awesome, i think. women want to be loved...it is an essential part of who we are...and that reveals to us that God, too, wants to be loved, longs for us to worship and admire him and who he is.

so my dad is having a garage sale today and my brother is trying to take my stuff out of the shop and shove it somewhere else. i told him to put it back, dammit, i need somewhere to put my stuff, too. dont even start with me right now, liz...he says. i'll just end up yelling at you. okay, fine. have two cars and a welding studio and a weight room and nevermind me, i'll just shove my drumset, my art studio, and all my other crap into my room. yeah...right. sometimes i really cant wait to move out again. other times, i'm happy because this place is free. free as in no rent, but not free as in no stress or annoying loud music or brothers who think they own the world. my parents are going through a divorce right now, something i thought would never, ever happen to me, but...shocker! it did. and it is. and living with my dad during this time is not cool. even though he says my brother and i being here saved his life...but no pressure! if you werent here, i surely would have ended it all, but please, go and find your own place. it all comes back to the evil $, with which i will hopefully sometime soon aquire a haven of some sort. with an art studio. and a place for my drums.

if my life is for rent and i dont want to buy then i desire nothing more than i get, for nothing i have is truly mine -- dido

1 comment:

Emergingjourney said...

your fathers burdens are not yours to carry. life is like the matrix, once you are out, you can not go back in.