8.30.2004

bandaids and baristas

feeling considerably better the last 24 hours, and it is nice. don't get me wrong, i still have my super sad moments, but the fog is clearing a bit. now that my car is fixed and i have paid my mom back for it, my next goal is getting enough money to get my own place, probably in the happenin' metropolis of mcminnville. in a desperate moment recently, i sold my drumset. it all happened so fast, it was like ripping off a bandaid. friday, i post the ad on craigslist.com. saturday, guy comes and buys them, they are gone in under 10 minutes, and i am $180 richer. i'll admit it was a bit like giving away a bit of my soul, but i figure when a richer season comes along and i have a place to put them, i'll buy myself a better set. i just realized this could hurt my current prospects of being in a band...oops!

today i found out the best news i've heard in forever. something myself and tons of other people whom i am very grateful to, have been praying for this for like five years, and i thought it may never happen...my dad got a better job! a huge reason to smile. he will finally be able to hang up his gravedigging shovel and start a new life at a landscaping company. i'm so happy for him.

speaking of employment, my quest continues, and takes me to an interview at starbucks tomorrow. yes, the ultimate destiny of any art major is looming nearer...i will surely become a barista. barista seems like the kind of word that should have male and female forms...barista and baristo? i mean, barista sounds quite girly to me. i'm also waiting to hear back tomorrow from a lovely little bakery in mcminnville. my non-starbucks near-employment future sits in thier hands! on thursday night i'm going to my first graduate class! it's just a free survey class for art therapy at marylhurst, but it could very well be the start of my graduate career! i feel so...adult. and i like it.

your love is wider than my need will ever be -- jars of clay

No comments: